Terms of purchase
duty free guarantee
All of the prices are tax-free. We guarantee that the products will cost at least 25% more in the large department stores in the European Union. To the contrary, we will refund the difference. You have 15 days from the invoice date to notify us in case you wish you make a claim. This guarantee is valid for all the products in the following sections: drinks, perfumes, tobacco products, and accessories. The rest of the sections are excluded from this guarantee because of the great fluctuation in prices in the domestic markets.
We supply only original products and many times with more volume than one might find in high street shops. The majority of our drinks contain 100 cl instead of 70 cl, which is the normal volume in department stores. This equates to 42% more product. Please keep this in mind when comparing prices.
All of the prices are tax-free and are calculated in Euros.
We accept payment in the list of currencies in the “Payment” section, applying the daily exchange rate when you place your order. You can choose your currency in the converter to see the prices in your local currency.
We reserve the right to modify the prices/descriptions without previous notice because of possible variations in prices and formats from manufacturers, fluctuations in currency exchange rates, or publication errors.
Discounts and offers are not accumulable with other offers and/or promotions. In the case that there is more than one offer/promotion in affect at the same time, we will apply the most beneficial for the client.
Back to top
The payment must be made in the same currency which appears on your invoice and that you can choose when placing your order.
We accept the currencies which appear in the currency converter.
The easiest way to pay for your order is by credit card or bank transfer. Is is very important that you indicate your order/invoice number when making your payment.
• Payment by bank transfer: Please note that any bank fees are wholy at your expense. We advise you to check with your bank so that the final amount paid into our account matches the total amount in the currency on the invoice.
• Payment by credit card: Please provide us with: credit card number, security code (3 digit CCV code located on the back of your card), expiration date, name, and signature authorizing us to charge you. We do not store your card details.
Our warehouse is located in Madrid, Spain. The delivery terms are FCA-Madrid (Free Carrier Madrid). The prices do not include transportation, packing, handling, or insurance. Send us your order and we will quote via e-mail the full amount of any applicable fees for your approval, without compromise.
• Transportation: the price depends upon the destination, the method (road, sea, or air), the gross weight, and volume. We have reduced tariffs and will propose the best method for your destination. Please note that in certain countries we can only offer transportation until the port of entry into your country. In this case the rest of the journey must be arranged by you. Please note that our forwarder can only delivery to street level. Transportation can sometimes include a layover due to the lack of direct route or for any other reason. The customs authorities in both destination and the possible layover may accrue an additional expense which is the responsibility of the client.
The products from the supermarket section that require special handling may not arrive to their destination in an optimum state. If you so wish, we can quote refrigerated transportation. Our company will not be responsible for any incidents that may occur during transportation and / or delay in delivery.
• Packing and handling: the price will be determined based upon the needs of your order and will vary based upon the destination and type of products. We take great care to ensure that the products in your order arrive in the best conditions possible and select the most suitable packing for each order (cardboard, wood, etc…).
• Insurance: all of the orders in which the transportation is contracted by us are insured. Any incident must be noted on the delivery note of the carrier who delivers your order (wet or broken packages, tampered seals, etc...). Please inform Diplomatic Supply Service in writing within 7 days, including a copy of the delivery note and where possible photos. We will then refund the amount of the merchandise.
• Consolidated orders: Transportation costs are substantially reduced the larger the total order is as any fixed fees are distributed throughout all the orders. We therefore encourage you place your order together with your colleagues in order to reduce the cost of transport. All orders are prepared, labelled and billed individually, regardless of the number of orders for the same address. In this manner, both the payment and distribution upon arrival will be convenient for everybody involved. Additionally, with each shipment we deliver we provide a "Consolidated Invoice" to facilitate the customs clearance in your country, "Contents lists per customer" and "Consolidated List of Contents".
• Availability: Some products may not be able to be delivered as they are discontinued or out of stock. In this case we will propose substitutes.
Diplomatic Supply Service sells only original products all of which carry the manufacturer’s warranty. Local customer service may request details of our purchase before providing technical assistance. If you experience any problems after speaking with them we will make a claim with the manufacturer for immediate resolution.
Returns may be made within 15 days. Prior authorization must be requested from our sales department. Returned items must be in perfect condition, with content, original packaging and manuals.
As returns may incur customs fees, collection, transport, and handling will be at the customer’s expense. Upon receipt of the merchandise and after checking that it meets the conditions of return, we will proceed to credit your account.
Returns of perishable goods will not be accepted, nor for those products requiring special storage conditions and/or with preferred consumption or expiry dates (cigars, food, etc.). In this way we can ensure that the merchandise our customers receive is always in perfect condition.
In order to avoid paying duties you must complete the customs documents required for your country:
• Destinations outside the European Union and the country of dispatch: you must complete the “Diplomatic Franchise” and submit it together with the proforma invoice that we provide. This Diplomatic Franchise must be authorized before your order arrives in the customs of your country in order to avoid paying any local storage fees.
• Destinations inside the European Union: you must complete the “Request for Exemption from Value Added Tax and Excise”, in accordance with Article 15 (10) of Directive 77/388/EEC and Article 23 (1) of Directive 92/12/EEC.
If you wish you may avoid the above mentioned paperwork and instead pay the import taxes on the products. In this case we recommend that you check with a customs agent in your country.
All orders are subject to our acceptance and the availability of the products. We reserve the right to cancel any orders of clients with overdue accounts.
At Diplomatic Supply Service we take great care to ensure your privacy. For this reason we never share your details with any third parties and that they are only used by Diplomatic Supply Service personal and only in order to manage your order.
All information that you provide through our website www.diplomatic.com is encrypted with SSL to our private server. In this way nobody else can access it.
In case of conflict between the various translations of the General Conditions the Spanish version takes precedence. The photos on this website are not contractual.
Terms of web site diplomatic.com
DIPLOMATIC SUPPLY SERVICE, Inc. (Hereafter, DSS) has created and updates the web site identified with the domain name www.diplomatic.com. This constant updating and renewal of content through the equipment and hired staff is done through advertising and sale of products offered in their catalog or, where appropriate, those in the website itself, so that information accessible to the public in general, and potential buyers in particular.
By accessing and browsing this web site implies knowledge and acceptance without reservation of all legal information and conditions of its use.
These conditions are intended to regulate access, navigation and use of this website but, regardless of same-DSS may establish special conditions governing the use and / or contracting of services and / or products offered through www.diplomatic.com web site. In the event of any conflict between the provisions on general and specific conditions of a particular product or service shall prevail in the latter.
Are considered "content" of www.diplomatic.com text, photographs, graphics, pictures, videos, designs, codes, software, sounds and information compiled in databases, as well as any other creation protected by national laws and treaties international intellectual property.
It is understood that mere access to or use of www.diplomatic.com by the User implies acceptance of this general conditions that are published at a time in which access to www.diplomatic.com. Accordingly, the user must carefully read these terms. At the end of Legal Information is the date of the last update of this policy.
In this sense, means the person User accesses, uses or participates in the services and activities, free or paying www.diplomatic.com developed.
DSS makes every effort to avoid any error in the contents appearing on this website. Therefore, sometimes the items and products listed in their catalogs are modified to update the information published.
DSS does not guarantee the accuracy or updating of information can be obtained from the asset, which may be changed without notice. In the event that, by the user, had purchased a product discontinued or out of stock, DSS offers its replacement by
offering another of similar characteristics in the same price, and if not possible, at this price.
DSS assumes no liability for the use by others of the content of this site, as well as disputes and conflicts concerning trademarks, names, property, etc. producing companies, manufacturers, retailers or exporters of the products offered through the website.
DSS does not guarantee the availability or continuity of the information contained therein. DSS disclaims all liability for damages resulting from the lack of availability or continuity of the same, beyond the care and respect for the Users of the site, on the terms set by Spanish legislation for implementation.
DSS does not guarantee the absence of virus and the absence of other factors that may affect your computer system. DSS disclaims all liability for damages of any kind arising from such viruses or harmful elements.
intellectual property rights and industrial
© DIPLOMATIC SUPPLY SERVICE, S.A. - diplomatic.com, 2005-2014.
DSS is the owner or have the corresponding license or rights to exploit intellectual property of diplomatic.com well as intellectual property rights, industrial and imaging of the contents available through it themselves.
Under no circumstances shall access and navigation of the user, involves a waiver, license or transfer all or part of such rights by the DSS.
Consequently, it is not possible to remove, ignore or manipulate the copyright notice ("copyright") and any other identifying information of the rights of existing DSS diplomatic.com or its owners included in the content, as well as technical protection devices, digital fingerprints or any other information mechanisms and / or identification that might be contained in the contents.
It is also forbidden to modify, copy, reuse, exploit, reproduce, publicly communicate, make second or subsequent publications, upload files, post, transmit, use, process or distribute in any way all or part of the contents in DIPLOMATIC . COM for public or commercial purposes, unless with the express written permission of DSS or, where appropriate, the holder of the corresponding rights.
The text, graphics, images, databases, logos, structure and other elements of the content of this website are protected by laws and international treaties on intellectual property. Any reproduction, transmission, adaptation, translation, modification, public communication, or any other use of all or part of the contents of this site, conducted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical or otherwise, is strictly prohibited unless prior authorization DSS written. Any infringement of these rights will result in appropriate legal procedures.
DSS reserves the right to refuse at its discretion, at any time without prior notice, any user access to this website or any part thereof.
applicable law and jurisdiction
The use of the elements of this site constitutes acceptance of the legal notices stated here and in particular that disputes relating to this site is governed solely by Spanish law, with the Spanish courts have exclusive jurisdiction, in preference of Madrid in Spain on any other, except procedural mandatory rules or public policy.
diplomatic.com actions of third parties
Through the site diplomatic.com, DSS may allow third parties to advertise or provide their services. In these cases, diplomatic.com not be responsible for setting the general and special conditions to take into account the use, provision or procurement of such services by third parties and therefore can not be held responsible for them.
diplomatic.com site access by users is free of charge, however, some services and content offered by third parties through diplomatic.com or diplomatic.com site may be subject to prior contracting service or product and the payment of a sum of money in the manner set forth in the relevant Conditions, in which case it will extend to them clearly.
In diplomatic.com, the user may find links to other websites through different buttons, links, banners, etc.., Which can be managed by third parties. In these cases, DSS has no power or human or technical resources to understand, control or approve the information, content, products or services provided by other sites to which links are established from diplomatic.com. Therefore, DSS can not assume any responsibility for any aspect of the website to establishing a link from diplomatic.com, in particular, by way of example and without limitation, its operation, access, data, information , files, quality and reliability of its products and services, their own blogs and / or any of its contents in general.
Similarly, the establishment of any part of diplomatic.com link to another website does not imply any kind of relationship, partnership or agency between DSS and the responsible party website.
final clauses and update the present conditions
Any unauthorized commercial use of any of the contents of the website, or resale, is prohibited, except in accordance with the written permission of DSS.
All activities relate to these general terms and require express written permission of DSS, it should have prior to them.
These conditions were updated in March 2011